Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Homework Assignments

Homework assignments are slowly beginning. The next few weeks will be full of me getting to know the students and what types of instruction and practice will be beneficial for them. As always, I ask for patience in determining this.
You will find either a green or blue sticker on the outside of your child's agenda. This is to help them remember which homework group they are in. As the year progresses or I see need, more homework groups may be assigned.

I am asking for your feedback when we begin more consistent homework assignments. If at any time you feel that your child is struggling with an assignment please let me know. It does not necessarily mean that the concept is too difficult, it may solely mean that the presentation is wrong. This will be something that I will need to adjust in order to ensure that each child is successful.
One thing that is important to understand is that a student should not labor through homework. Just because a child finishes quickly - does not mean the assignment was too easy. This is often a misconception. Homework is simply reinforcement of what was taught during the school day/week. I never want a student to feel as though their homework was too hard.

I am a firm believer in family time as well. As family units we spend most of our waking hours apart. As a mother of two - I want my children to have valuable and meaningful assignments, however I don't want that to consume the few precious hours of family time we have each week.

If at any time you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email me or send in a note with your child.

I'm looking forward to a challenging and rewarding school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment